Sunday 5 February 2012

Writing Word Wall

PhotobucketI'm still trying to navigate myself through the blogging process. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right. Anyway, here goes nothin'...

This isn’t a new idea, but it’s something that I cannot live without in my grade one class… beginning writers! Students bring their word wall to me open at the beginning sound page (ex: ‘c’ page for the word can). I then point them in the general direction of the word (ex: third row), then using the dominant sound s they hear in the word, they match it to a word in that row. 90% of the time students locate it on their own! This booklet has sight words from grade one, two and three. I laminate them and put them on a ring for easy flipping. Each of my students have their own pocket word wall, and have it hanging on the side of their desk for quick and easy access. I hope this helps you as much as it helps me!                                                                
 - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets