Thursday 19 April 2012

Oral Language

Happy almost weekend! As my little ones talked, and talked, and talked, and talked some more today, I reminded myself how much I value Oral Language. One of the ways I get my students together to share their thinking is by using matching pairs. I've previously posted a set that I've used in math (freebie), but you can use almost anything. Some that I use are homonyms, antonyms, contractions, math questions and answers, rhyming words, picture associations (cookies & milk), etc. After assessing some of my struggling readers today, I realized some of them needed more practise with CVCe words (Magic 'e'). So, I came home today, ignored my dog who was barking, the laundry pile, the clean dishes in the dishwasher that needed to be put away, my messy bed... well, let's just say I did a good job of ignoring all household chores, to create this new set of Magic 'e' pairing cards for my ankle bitters! For 50cents you could have them too! Click here to go to my TPT store, where there are TONS of printable FREEBIES just for you!
Photobucket




http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Magic-e-Monster-Mates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets